Tuesday, August 22, 2006

I'm sorry I haven't posted for so long. A lot has happened, of course, over the last month or so. We performed the Importance of Being Earnest twice, which was a wonderful thing. However, its being over is not a wonderful thing. I wish I knew a specific quote in any language about summer (specifically) being fleeting, or some such word. There must be one somewhere. However, we performed, and later that week we went to see Door Shakespeare do the same play. It was interesting to discover that we were actually better than them, whereas I (at least) had expected them to be superior to us. They were, in fact, ludicrously bad. The parts I laughed the most were the parts where they did the worst, the parts where they unexpectedly departed from our edition of the play, and some of the parts we cut or were not in our version.

Then I left for Notre Dame.

Yes, I miss you all. I am so glad you still wish to speak with me. (I am also glad I have a cell phone.) There is no question that there is a part of my soul which is actually heartbroken. (Perhaps that part of my soul could be called my heart.) But I am also quite happy on another level. My classes (the three I have taken so far) were quite informative, enjoyable, and interesting. My physics professor is English; that is cool beyond words (practically).

I got into the Glee Club, but I am not sure that I will actually join. It requires a large time commitment and also a fair-sized financial one. I think I might prefer not to be in it, even though it is so prestigious, etc. For anybody who doesn't know, the Notre Dame Glee Club is a prestigious all-male choir at Notre Dame; in fact not only is it prestigious, but it is also world-famous. It performs all over the place.

My RA said I might be able to get football tickets even though myh financial situation does not permit my buying the normal student season ticket package. That was cool to hear, since I really would like to go to the games. (I would also like to see some soccer games if I can.)

I have already had two Classics classes. They were both cool, but I liked my Literature seminar about Troy better. The teacher has been at Notre Dame 17 years longer than the Greek one, (i. e. the Greek professor is new) and seems not only more experienced, but also more knowledgeable and more confident. She also seems to like Classics more, although I do not know if this is actually the case.

There is a man called George in 3 of my classes (or perhaps more). He know Modern Greek fluently, which is cool beyond words (practically). He, too, plans to major in Classics.

I wish some of you would call me sometimes. I really enjoy talking to anyone in my home area. If you don't know my cell phone number, Gwendolen does. (If you don't know who Gwendolen is, she is my sister, my elder sister.)

Well, I have other things to do.

One last note: I am eating all my meals in a really cool building called the South Dining Hall. It practically looks like Hogwarts. (I have heard that Hogwarts' design in the films of HP is based on the South Dining Hall, but I don't know about that; they say the person who designed the films is from Notre Dame, but I think it might be more that they are both based on the same concept.)

I love you all, my friends.
I miss you.
I hope to see you soon.

P. Vergilius Maro.

P. S. If any of you ever came and visited me, that would be excessively Dude. Maybe you could come for Actors from the London Stage's performance of Hamlet. For more information go to http://www.nd.edu/~ftt/theatreevents.shtml
Also, maybe I could show you the coolest floor of the library: the 9th. It is excessively Dude as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home